- Download the app “NCS Colourpin” in Google Play (see top of page).
- Enable bluetooth on your smart phone.
- Launch the app and follow the promps.
- In the app, tap connect device.
- Press button on Colourpin (near the USB port) to wake the device (LED flashes).
- The LED flashes quickly once your smart-device finds your Colourpin (<5 sec), press the button to confirm the connection.
- Tap calibrate in the app.
- Twist and remove the calibration cap to reveal the sensor, screw the cap on the back end for safe-keeping.
- Troubleshooting – If device does not connect, press and hold button on Colourpin for 15seconds then release for a hard reset. Start the connection process.
- Place Colourpin against any surface andtap scan in the app.
- The colour scanned will appear (screen display colour may not be accurate).
- Matching results will be displayed with top result listed first, second closest match second, etc.
- Click on the Filters button to reveal the available product categories you wish to search within.
- Select those vendors within the selected category you wish to include in your search.
- Scan a colour to reveal RGB, Lab, HSB and LCH colour values for scanned colours.
- Select the Compare Colours mode to give the ∆E or numerical difference between two colours.
- View and export inspection history.
- Save and organize your colours by project or client.
- Attach unlimited colours and photos to your palette.
- Share your palette through text message, email or social media for feedback.
- AND share your palette with us here at #pinyourworld
EXPORT TO ADOBE
- After a Palette is shared, there is an ASE icon located at the bottom of the page. This can be used to export your Palette colours into a file to be imported into Adobe or rendering software to ensure accurate colour values.
- View your scan history by date.
- Quickly find Product names, product codes or keywords.